Spring is here, and it’s time to start cleaning the inside and outside of your home. One of the areas you want to pay special attention to is your concrete driveway and patio. Maybe, you’ve noticed that your driveway and patio have collected a lot of dirt and debris over the winter and look drab and worn. If this is the case, it’s time to hire a power washing service professional.
A question we frequently get is if a driveway or patio can be power washed. The short answer to this question is yes. By now, you’ve probably Googled “How to powerwash my driveway” and came up with a ton of results giving you step-by-step instructions on how to do this, but did they also tell you how doing so you can easily damage and degrade your concrete driveway?
If not done correctly, you can notice visible damage from your water pressure being set to high even when using a light-duty power washer. Also, you probably don’t know that some concrete is softer than others making some areas prone to etching, pitting, and other surface imperfections. Our team of experts offer pressure washing service in Fort Myers.
Top Ways Power Washing Can Damage Concrete
- Using the wrong nozzle
- Too much pressure
- Spraying too close to the concrete surface
- Holding the nozzle in one spot too long
- Trying to do it yourself
Benefits of Having Your Concrete Driveway Pressure Washed
Protects your concrete
Hiring a pressure washing service increases the durability of your concrete driveway and patio. Concrete becomes filled with dirt, mold, algae, plant stains, tire marks, oil and liquids, and rust, all of which eat away at your concrete finish, slowly wearing it down. Regular pressure washing performed by a professional will help your concrete look fresh and fabulous while increasing its lifespan.
Pressure washing your driveway makes your home look great!
You want to feel a sense of pride driving up your driveway at the end of a long day, and having a clean driveway will do this. It will increase your happiness, but it also makes you proud to have guests come over.
Add value to your home
Whether you’re thinking about selling your home or not, adding value to it is always a good thing. A clean, well-maintained patio and driveway show your home has been taken care of. Plus, it gives you a sense of pride.
It keeps you and your family safe
Hiring a pressure washing service helps keep your concrete safe by removing potentially harmful bacteria, and the dirt and grime gathered over the year. Mols and mildew that may have accumulated on your driveway or patio make it much more slippery than it would be. You and anyone else on your property will be more likely to sustain injuries and slip and fall. Luckily if you keep your concrete clean, you won’t have to worry about this.
The Right Way To Clean Concrete Floors Outdoors
Pressure washing concrete is the best way to clean exterior concrete driveways. Given its durability, concrete can take more water pressure than other materials such as vinyl or tile. Using a pressure washer reduces the amount of time it takes to clean the concrete and quickly blasts away dirt and stains. But if you choose not to hire a pressure washing service, you can easily cause more harm than good.
How to clean a concrete patio
For concrete patios, you can use a few different cleaning solutions; one that works well for mildly dirty decks is one made up of bleach, water, and dishwashing liquid. Also, vinegar is an excellent choice for mildly soiled patios without stains. When pressure washing a deck, below are the steps we take to make sure your patio looks great, and you’ll be satisfied with our services.
- Inspection – before beginning, we will inspect the patio area to ensure no hazards.
- Clearing – we will then remove any furniture, potted plants, or decorations out of the way.
- Preparation – we will remove any grease or liquid on the surface area
- Nozzle – Our pressure wash service professionals know which nozzle tips are strong enough to clean your patio and yet gentle enough not to damage your concrete.
- Detergent – We use a detergent that’s properly mixed with the best detergents to clean your patio, tailoring it according to your specific needs.
- Angle – To effectively clean your patio effectively and efficiently, we point the pressure washer at the correct downward angle and use sweeping motions to cover the entire surface area.
- Broom attachment – if necessary, we can use a broom attachment to extend our pressure washer and spray in a fan-like form. This is typically only used for larger patios.
Why Using A Professional Pressure Washing Service Matters
The biggest benefits of using a professional service are that we make sure that our pressure washing detergent is safe for all patios surfaces, we provide expert results every time, we inspect your concrete patio or driveway before we start pressure washing and then let you know if it needs resealing or any repairs.